Saturday, June 09, 2007

Poems

I memorized this poem by John Greenleaf Whittier.

We search the world for truth. We cull
The good the true the beautiful.
From graven stone and written scroll.
And all old flower fields of the soul.
And when the seekers of the best
We come back laden from are quest
We find that all the sages said
was in the book our mothers read.


My family and I wrote this poem. We were trying to re-write the same poem using modern language. We think its pretty funny.

Yo, we’re goin out to find the good stuff
We separate it from the bad fluff
In printed junk and from the net
And from old homies we will get
And when the punks go for the best
We come back loaded to our nest
We find that all ya’ll seniors said
Was in the book yo Mommas read.


This is a poem I found in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I like to say it as fast as I can.

Dear friends we surely all agree.
There’s almost nothing worse to see.
Than some repulsive little bum
Always chewing chewing gum.

By Roald Dahl

2 comments:

Lara said...

Cool poem we wrote! Well, you did all of the best lines.

I know some big bums that are always chewing chewing gum!

Anonymous said...

Yo, Yo, hey, hey, what a groovy poem Grey.